Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Reflection

    Our trip to Costa Rica started off on a bad footing for myself after having missing the original flight over however once finding a new flight the trip turned into a great experience one which I will never forget. It was amazing to see such a diversity of life within such a small area and well as difference in climate. From the hot and humid La Selva, the cool atmosphere of Monte Verde to the laid back Caribbean beach town Porto Viejo of Costa Rica has shown en captivate a wide range all sorts of diversity from plants and animals to human culture. I truly enjoyed not only the life which this country has sustained but the philosophy of preserving the ecosystem of Costa Rica from the native ticos which I had the pleasure of meeting and conversation with. La Selva Biological Reserve was a particularly special place which hosted a venue in which scientist could study and students could learn within the environment itself. It was wonderful to get a glimpse of what it is like to be in the field doing research something I had not been able to experience  previously. Seeing people so devoted to their work, people such as Alex who helped guide us on the trip, was great to see. We were able to see some of Alex's own experiment showed us a great example of forest regrowth. What we say in Costa Rica are things that I needed to see to truly grasp and understand. Through this course I learned and experienced more than I ever could by myself in Costa Rica. This truly has been one of the best experiences I have yet to have and look forward to returning to Costa Rica in the future.

CM           

No comments:

Post a Comment