Thursday, June 20, 2013

Walking through the woods at La Selva Biological Station with our tour guide Kenneth our group was able to see a vast array of different species ranging from mammals, insects, and reptiles. In just a few minutes we were able to see Howler Monkeys, Capuchin Monkeys, and Spider Monkeys, a rare site to see all in one area at once. I was lucky enough to catch this on video with Kenneth and Professor Wasko pointing out were each one was. Along with three different species of monkeys we got to see Bullet Ants, (the largest ant I've ever seen!!) Leaf Cutter Ants, Cicadas, and Army Ants. Still on the same trip we saw one or two different species of frogs including one massive Bull Frog. La Selva was one of my favorite parts of the trip and the reason why I wanted to blog about it. Seeing the different birds (that I have more videos of) that you would never see anywhere other than Costa Rica helped make this one unforgettable trip for me.
-Eric Ryalls

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment