Monday, June 6, 2011

We're at the halfway point of our Tropical Ecology course here in Costa Rica and I didn't think I would be having this much fun.. From zip lining in Monteverde to swimming in Rico de la Vieja waterfall I know I definitely do not regret this trip. I've never had this much fun, even though there is school work and concentration involved. Today we visited and volunteered at one of Dr. Wasko's friends farm. Alex was extremely nice and she taught us a lot about her long term research project and showed us her plots were she is growing various types of trees and recording their growth in areas throughout primary and secondary forests. Also, our second night walk was not as much of a success as our first, but we still saw an olingo as well as a smokey tree frog and cat eyed snake. I can't wait until our free day tomorrow here in Le Selva and explore what else it has in store for us. I hope to see some howler monkeys before we leave. See all you guys in the US soon!
-Maria M.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment