Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's been almost a week since I've been home from our
trip to Costa Rica and I noticed how easy it is to become
accustomed to one place so fast. The morning after I arrived
I woke up at 6:00 am by instinct and realized that I
wouldn't be meeting my group outside to go to breakfast
and enjoy the typical meal of beans & rice, eggs, and fresh
fruit like we did every morning. Definitely missing being in
CR, I can't even being to recollect all the awesome
adventures and memories that we had. Having to chose one
specific time that really amazed me was when we hiked down
to a waterfall in the national park. Even though the water
was absolutely freezing, being a big nature buff the beauty
of it mattered more to me. I think that anyone who has the
opportunity to join their peers on this trip should
definitely do everything they can in order to be able to go
to the beautiful country of Costa Rica. I've learned so many
things from the native people, from Dr. Wasko & Susan
Letcher, and my fellow classmates. Being able to see the
wildlife and different types of forests will definitely have
an impact on you, as well as Tropical Ecology itself. I'm
very happy I was fortunate enough to be able to share this
experience with my group and professors. Thanks for an
amazing trip guys, see you all in the fall!
-Maria Mucciarone

No comments:

Post a Comment