Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hello again! 

We've been on a bit of a hiatus, but I'm thrilled that Tropical Ecology is back on for 2013.  We depart in a little over a week, which means it's time for both the stress and excitement to start building.  I'll be remaining for a few weeks after the course to do some research, so there's a solid month of travel to prep for. 

A bit of a change in personnel this year too... there's a new group of students, of course.  They seem like a really great bunch of people, I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody a little better and share some of my experiences.  But this is also the first time I'm running the course without co-coordinator Susan Letcher, who has settled into a well-deserved professorin' gig at SUNY's Purchase College.  It definitely won't' be the same without her, and it's no exaggeration to say that this course would have never gotten off the ground in the first place without her.  On the other hand, I'm thrilled to be working with Alex Gilman instead.  Much like Susan, I know Alex well from my own time living in Costa Rica.  She's a terrific scientist and will certainly be a great person to travel around with.

Stay tuned for further updates as we go!


Dennis Wasko
30 May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment